Sunday, December 18, 2011

UPDATE 12/19

Hello everyone!

Just wanted everyone to know I made it home ok!  After long delay at the airport. Finally, my liver enzymes went back down to an acceptable discharge level.  My kidneys seemed to do well with the high dose methotrexate for the CNS prophylaxis. Got my mediport, I tell Skylar its my "button" I get my medicine through, and that sometimes mommy needs a tune up like a car does. I wasnt expecting to get a major OVERHAUL, while I was up there, but thats ok.

So Im also getting lipsomal Ara-C in my spinal fluid too, that bathes the brain and the spinal cord, again, further preventing any sort of Central Nervous system involvement. I will start eye treatments with Dr. Marr at Sloan Kettering within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Mmm hmm, injections of chemo in the eye! Sounds pleasant huh?  Ugh! 

So as far as most of the docs are concerned this is an isolated relapse, stage 1A. Which is good news, but since its a blood/lymph cancer we have to treat the whole body IE:Methotrexate, Ara C, etc. So I evidently had a few stragglers left behind from previously.  My bone marrow looked great, (they sucked some of that out too) So for the most part my Allo should be still working or Id have alot more disease at present.. is at least the way Im looking at it. 

So for now, Im going to enjoy family, friends, good food, and good times and celebrate our sweet Jesus's birth.

I will follow up with my trusty Dr. Eapen here in Knoxville for some lab work, and neupogen shots, but as far as side effects, the only thing that is bothering me is my back where I had my spinal tap plus chemo, and my bone marrow biopsy site.. but the Ibuprofen seems to be helping with that.  So out I go to go to the grocery store and get some food and other items to start wrapping gifts!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all of my special friends!

1 comment:

Bullard said...

Keeping up with you, praying and admiring your strength...