Saturday, December 10, 2011

More on relapse 2011...

Hi again,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on what the deal is. So the official biopsy will not be back until Tuesday, but the plan is to go ahead with treatment starting on Monday. Ill have a new port put in and have high dose Methotrexate for 5 days, and will stay in the hospital until its totally out of my system. I will also be receiving Methotrexate and Rituxan in my eye directly at some point, and maybe radiation to my left eye depending on what dr O, and Dr.Marr think.

So, my eye is feeling ok, just alittle sore and lots of blood still in it. Chad and I went walking around New York City today and had a pretty good time. Im missing my sweet Skylar terribly. I will be staying in NYU Hospital from Monday on, so feel free to send letters, etc. :)

Im feeling pretty depressed and defeated, but Ill get back on my feet here soon and get in fight mode. Just processing all this information is a lot.

Also, I hate to ask, but I must. We are hoping for some of our friends to donate some to the "transfer Kara to NYC Fund" so if you have any spare change, please donate through paypal on the front page of my blog. I know you guys will help :) I will have to come back to NYC for 6 months every 3 weeks for my week long stay in the hospital, and then Im sure Ill have to be up here for eye chemo also. So anything would help! Thank you so much!



I wish I had better news, I know many of you look to my blog for support and hope, but dont you worry, you'll have even more hope after I beat this again. :)

With Love, Kara

2 comments:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

Aww Kara, I'll be there mid-Jan, but to life the mood, try checking out NY. go to rockefellar center and check out the windows at Macys (that's right next door). Take a carriage ride. Pretend you're there for romance. Check out Canal St. It's downtown, less than a $10 cab ride for designer goods. Walk or wheel around 5th, and for food, go to restuarants.com and buy yourself gift certificates. Check the fine print, but you can get a $25 cert for $2 with an agreement to buy $35 worth of food total. It's a saver.

Dawn Lambert said...

Kara, I meant to tell you how much that I admire your determination, maturity, & your will yesterday when I wrote. Today, I am going to make a donation...it's not much in the grand scheme of things, but I will also help spread the word & I wish you nothing but the very best! I also read what Hillary St. Pierre wrote & believe those to be some great ideas if you can manage them, (used to live in Conn many, many yrs ago & used to take the train to NYC about every 2wks or so). I know you are not there for vacation, but I, too, believe if you can pretend, even just for a bit, that you there for romance, that it can become a magical place for a while,,,not just a dreaded place. Again, best of wishes & God Bless You today & every day!