Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Help!

I do have a very large conflict that I was wondering if you knew of any way to help. I will be inpatient for about a month, and then move over to the Villages at Vanderbilt to live for the following 2 months. They require a caregiver for myself, and for Skylar (my 14 month old girl). We have all but run out of money to hire someone to watch Skylar during the day, and all of the charitable organizations I applied for have run out of money for the year. Is there anyone who would be willing to help out by giving time, funds, etc? Maybe a fundraiser event? I hate to ask, but we are in dire straights and have exhausted all of our family here. Any ideas would be great.

I do have a paypal account if anyone would like to donate, there is a "Donate" button in the right-hand column.

Thanks, hope you are doing well and having a wonderful holiday season!

4 comments:

cyclegirlcanada said...

Kara... Check out my new blog!

http://cyclegirlcanada.blogspot.com/

You can be my first guest! I want to get in touch with you and I only have Katina's number saved in my phone.
I want to buy lunch sit down and talk with you. Can we get together next week while I am off? Send me a comment when you can.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing. It's terrible that you have to struggle with this issue on top of treatment. I don't know what resources you've checked out but here is a blog post that just came up today with information on financial assistance. Maybe one of these would be able to help you out.

Stay strong!

http://www.chemopalooza.com/2008/12/cancer-resources-financial-aid-co-pay.html

Jean said...

Hello Kara,
I'm Jean from the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Our organization provides information and support for patients who are coping with the social and emotional challenges of BMT. We found your blog through google blog alerts.
Have you talked to the Vanderbilt social worker about your financial needs? Have you tried the National Foundation for Transplants or the National Transplant Assistance Fund?
Please contact us at 1-800-546-5268 for more information. If you email me (jeanjones@nbmtlink.org) I would like to send you and your sister our Help & Hope bracelets.
All the best,
Jean Jones

Hillary St. Pierre said...

KARA
My name is Hillary. I do baldiesblog.blogspot.com I read your help message. Please get ahold of me. I can post you and your link on my site upfront. We'll see what my friends can do. Check me out then EMAIL!
Happy holidays