Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nearing day 100

well, its almost 100 days since I had my allo transplant with my sister as the donor. I have my PET/CT on Tuesday at 7am, so maybe wont have to wait for results. What will i do if it is positive? Theres always a 2nd transplant, but I dont think i have the strength to do another allo. Im so nervous, and scared that my life could, again, be turned upside down on Tuesday. I need some comforting thoughts. If all is clear, I can go back home to Knoxville.

My double vision is getting better, day by day, its starting to go away and just come when i am tired. I see the eye doctor this week to rule out GvHD of the eye, which is a routine test for exit transplant patient.

My mom has left to go back to Knoxville, and my stepmom Kathy is here and will take me home after I have been cleared. My mom goes back to work on May 1st. Its scary knowing Im going to be with Skylar by myself again with no help! Ive done it before, and I can do it again!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Kara, I hope the results of your tests are okay and that your vision is getting better! Thinking of you and hoping all is well and that you're back home! If you need anything, please let me know. I know we haven't seen each other in a while, but know that if there is anything I could do, I would be thrilled to help out! Please keep us all posted.
Melissa Headrick

TheSewerrat said...

thats the spirit be confident, all you can do is take each day as it comes.

hope things work out better for you.

Blog said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your recent setback. Please don't give up hope, whatever the doctors say!

BradRob said...

Hey Kara, We went to school together and we were never really friends. Never the less, All that doesn't matter at this point. I just wanted you to know that your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the alternative treatments that your currently going through work well for you.

-Brad Roberts

By the way, you have a beautiful daughter.

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Looking for a new post soon. I added you to my bogroll. Also...Open invitation to you and your readers to participate in the Being Cancer Book Club. This month we are discussing “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. “...the lecture he gave ... was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because “time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think”). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.”
Monday is Book Club day; Tuesday Guest Blog and Friday Cancer News Roundup.
Also check out Cancer Blog Links containing over 225 blog links and Cancer Resources with 230 referenced sites, both divided into disease categories.
Please accept this invitation to join our growing cancer blogging community at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis