Sunday, January 24, 2010

Its back

I guess most of you know from my facebook and webmagic that the lymphoma is back. Crappy diffuse large b cell again. Ill be starting a new drug called Belinostat which is another HDAC inhibitor like SAHA was. I wonder what would happen if you took both of them? Hmm.. That would be an interesting question for Dr. O. Im sure I would have no white count if that happened. I know none of us really know when we are going to leave this earth, but Im getting really tired of having this uncertainty of even walking my daughter to kindergarten on her first day. (Shes 2) What am I going to miss because of this crap? What point in my life did I do whatever I did to make my cells start going psycho? Im having a pity potty day. I mean, how many drugs are there left? I know they come out with drugs every month, but when are they just going to stop working all together? I guess I dont want to know, but I really dont want it to be any time soon. I always thought I would die an old woman with grandchildren, and maybe great grandchildren. But I know, that wont happen. = (

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kara, I am so so sorry to hear this. I know you must be under so much stress and dealing with so many emotions right now. I wish the news were better. I will keep thinking and praying for you. Keep loving on that beautiful little girl of yours, and hopefully these drugs will get better and better and you will be playing with Skylar's little girl someday. I can't imagine what you are going through, and I wish this was not a part of your life.

Much love,
Melissa Headrick

A.J. said...

Hej Kara Odense 29/1 2010

Best wishes from Denmark.
I can tell you that the drug Belinostat, you are being treated with at present, are a wery promishing new product, not yet approved by the healthautorities in the US. However the expectations nevertheless are high to Belinostat by many international experts.
Many previous initial tests have shown that this drug are cabable of resuming /regain/reestablish the original predisposition
of the affected cells for treatment by the various drugs,earlier used and which at the beginning showed promishing effects.
Furthermore, it has shown not to have any toxity or negative sideeffects worth mentioning.

Best regards/love
Arne Jorgensen

A.J. said...

Hej Kara Odense 29/1 2010

I forgot in my previous message to mention, that Belinostat in itself is successfull in figthing a range of types of cancer alone, however results have shown that it is also especially very promishing given in combination with other wellknown drugs.

Arne