Monday, February 9, 2009

Day +20, Monday, Feb. 9

Kara's Mom again. Kara is being discharged from the hospital today! We are so excited to be getting out. The last few days have been pretty uneventful - a few issues but mostly normal post transplant issues - She will have daily visits to the clinic this week for blood work and follow up to make sure everything is progressing ok. They will continue to monitor her for GVHD & any other complications. It's a little scary for me leaving the hospital where they have taken such good care of her (I'm not a very good nurse!).

7 comments:

B. said...

And she's free! Congrats Kara (Lynda and Family), you've made it through transplant, which is the biggest hurdle. Now on to recovery.

Celebrate the good moments, and discharge day!

Lynda, a mother's love and care is always better than those of nurses anyhow ;)

Congrats again everyone.

- Bekah

Heather said...

fabulous news! i'm so thrilled that kara can move into a more comfortable environment and see her baby girl too!

Renette said...

I'm so happy to hear of Kara's discharge!!!

Rebecca Banks Lee said...

How exciting!!!

I know she will be happy to be at home with Skylar!!

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up mom, you'll do better than a nurse, and know when to call for help, because that's what moms do, I started reading Kara's blog awhile ago, from my friend Hillary( Baldie's Blog) and have continued to stay watching, I hope she is feeling better soon, Prays, Love and Hugs from NH

cyclegirlcanada said...

Lynda let us know the new address while you will be at the apartment. I will post it on my facebook so more people can send letters if they want.

Jean said...

Dear Lynda--
I'm the mother of a 27-year-old BMT survivor of 7 years. It IS scary taking them home from the hospital, but you'll do fine--the docs and nurses are only a phone call away!
My organization, the National Bone Marrow Tranplant Link, has resources for BMT caregivers. Please visit our web site, www.nbmtlink.org or email me at jeanjones@nbmtlink.org for additional information.
All the best to you and Kara.