Friday, November 21, 2008

It begins...

Hello everyone!

I had my Hickman line placed in my neck today for my transplant! They put me under conscious sedation, so I didn't know it. It is VERY sore.. ugh

Tomorrow is a dose of Rituxan, and Sunday is my long day with high dose Cytoxan, IV fluids and fluid medicine to keep my kidneys flushed out. Then, Monday, I get my first Neupogen shot to stimulate my bone marrow into overdrive so my stem cells will spill over into my blood stream for collection with a pheresis machine. I'll give myself those shots 10 days before I start the collection process... goal? 2 million stem cells needed.

That is my update for today, and I'm going to take a nap on this VERY chilly day!

1 comment:

sunshine 'n rain said...

Kara, I'm still praying for you and hope things are going well...have had some thrombocytopenia problems myself -- dr. is investigating the cause of that but haven't forgotten about you!...keep the faith! --Jackie