Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not much news

Everything seems to be going ok with the oral drug Vorinostat that Im taking. I dont know if its working or not, but I sure hope so! Ill have another scan at the beginning of August to see whats going on. The last scan I had showed 2 liver lesions. My lab work has been great. Im just hanging out with Skylar and being a mommy! Please say a prayer for our friends Adrienne and her mom Alison, Adrienne is in the hospital with some pain issues related to some new chemo, and my friend Hillary who has a scary new bump that is feared to be cancerous. So start that prayer train! I can also use some prayers as Ive been having some abdomen pain since starting this new drug. I hope its the tumor dying and not growing. Ill update when I have some new info!

3 comments:

Rebecca Banks Lee said...

I want to see you!!!

Hua said...

Hi Kara,

I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be going well with the Vorinostat. I'm crossing my fingers that your tumor is dying instead of growing. I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Jenee said...

Hey Kara,

I was looking at the lymphoma website and I saw your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I have had you on my mind since reading it a couple of days ago.I have a similar story, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Large Cell Diffuse b-cell lymphoma.I am 28 years old and I have a 21 month old daughter. I was diagnosed last year right after my daughter's 1st birthday. I stayed strong the whole time and my mom found this website with alternative medicines. I used it in conjunction with my chemo and I barely had any side effects for chemo and all of my nodes except 2 small one were gone, my spleen went back to it's regular size. I praise God for that. I know you said that some doctors were giving up on you,so maybe God lead me to you to share the alternative medicine I have been using.If you are interested just email me at jndurieux@aol.com. I will be praying for you.

Jenee